Auterra Resources, LLC was formed in 2018 in order to purchase a 100% working interest in the Eagleville Field from Sabine Oil and Gas effective June 1, 2018. The Eagleville Field is located in Gonzales County, Texas, and is approximately twenty miles long and ten miles wide. The field encompasses about 40,000 HBP acres and includes approximately 85 producing wells. In 2019 the company installed about 30 miles of pipeline to gather almost all of the produced water from the Eagleville Field, and transports it to the Auterra SWD, LLC’s central processing facility.
Many Eagle Ford fields in Texas have transitioned from early-life, high flow-rate wells, into low flow-rate wells with much lower decline rates. Many of the larger companies are focused on new drilling for high-rate wells, and may be willing to sell their non-core, mature Eagle Ford fields. The Eagleville Field is an example of one of these fields. In acquiring and operating the Eagleville Field, Auterra Resources demonstrated that it can increase the value of these older fields with careful attention to field efficiencies and cost controls. Auterra Resources continues to look to acquire additional Eagle Ford fields.
Auterra Resources’ strategy is to maximize the value of the Eagleville Field, and since the acquisition of the Field, Auterra Resources has consolidated the operations, reduced lease operating expenses, and identified a number of overlooked opportunities. We have reduced our produced water disposal costs by 90% by installing about 30 miles of pipeline to our central processing facility.
Gerald W. (Jerry) Schlief
President & CEO
- Over 40 years management experience in oil and gas exploration and production
- Co-founder and SVP of ATP Oil & Gas Corporation – Retired in 2007
- Founder, President & CEO of the Auterra Group of companies
- BBA Accounting, MBA Finance
- Over 30 years experience in the downstream, midstream and upstream sectors of the oil and gas business
- President & CEO Bluewater Industries – Upstream Engineering, Procuring, and Construction contractor
- Executive VP Millennium Offshore Group (E & P independent)
R. M. Shivers, D. Eng.
- Over 40 years experience in oil and gas drilling and field development
- 20 years with Texaco in various management positions and VP-Projects for ATP Oil & Gas
- BS, Masters and Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M
David R. Wood
- Over 40 years experience in all aspects of oil and gas exploration and development
- Senior level expertise in geoscience at both public and independent oil and gas companies
- BS Geology, Registered Professional Geologist in Texas and Louisiana
George R. Morris, P.E.
- Over 40 years of oil and gas experience in Reservoir, Production, and Drilling Engineering and Operation activities
- Numerous Executive positions, including Chief Operating Officer with Glacier Oil & Gas, Terrace Energy, ATP Oil & Gas, and Chroma E&P
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from Colorado State University, Registered Professional Engineer in Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
In case of Field Emergency Call:
7297 FM 77
Smiley, TX 78159